When families prepare an estate plan and I ask for lists of property, very few remember to consider their digital stuff. If you haven’t considered these assets don’t worry – it is not that big of a deal,bur you need to correct it.
What is all this digital stuff? Digital stuff is:
– Your photos (in my case, 17,000 pictures of three different cocker spaniels)
– Files stored in the cloud or on your local computer
– Virtual currency accounts
– Social media profiles (Facebook, LinkenIn, etc.)
– Device backups
– Digital business documents; and because technology is ever-changing, some